Saturday, April 9, 2011

back to musings aboard the long island railroad

pigeon in port


my window seat,
on the nine eleven,
breakfast bags
crinkle around me,
hungry commuters
munch and text.

an aisle strutter appears
to my right,
another needy commuter.
quietly investigating
beneath cushioned seats
for commuter crumbs.

leaving the port washington station,
seconds shy of the closing
sliding doors...he continues the search.

doors slide open,
pigeon exits at plandome,
never knowing the trainmans
metallic ticket hole puncher,
winged souls,
travel free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this one! that's one brave pigeon. I don't think NYC area pigeons are ever scared of people. or train ticket takers :0)

BL said...

Benman!
Thanks for checking in on my blog! (Maybe I should work more on my writing!)
Hope all is well with you guys...and Iman is doing well!
I took my show down this past weekend....hope to post more about the show soon!
Later!
Dad